- The Christian Ministry by Charles Bridges
- What is an Evangelical by D. Martin Lloyd Jones
- Here I Stand A Life of Martin Luther by Roland H. Bainton
- Pastoral Work A source book for minsters by Andrew Blackwood
Murphy’s Antique Mall South Haven, MI
- The Third Reich A New History by Michael Burleigh
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
If you’ve never been to South Haven I would highly recommend you go. Nice small town on the quiet coast of Lake Michigan. Aside from all the sites to see, there are a few great antique shops packed with books and one great bookstore run by a former Pastor and his wife.
I’m so thankful for new books. But – and I will write about this soon – as Dr. Ferguson reminds us, I know I can sometimes just be obsessed with the “newness” and not actually be transformed by what I’m reading. That scares me.